With a 3 Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor, the Nexon EV is one of the most impressive EV SUVs out there. Its Li-ion Polymer battery is equipped with liquid cooling to ensure that temperatures remain relatively low even after a long drive.
Even though it relies on electricity, this car can generate impressive peak powers of 127bhp. Moonlit Silver, Signature Teal Blue and Glacier White are the three colour options you can choose from.
- Battery Capacity – 30.2kWh
- Distance per Charge – 312 km/full charge
- Recharge Time – 0-80% charge in 60 minutes with a fast charger.
- Awards – Winner of Subcompact SUV of the Year Award at the 2018 edition of NDTV’s Car and Bike Awards. (1)
- Price – Starting from Rs.13.99 lakh.
The Tata Nexon EV is a car that is powered by electric energy. It has an electric motor that produces 24kW of power, which makes it the most powerful car in the world. The car has a range of 500 km on a single charge, which means it can travel from Delhi to Pune and back in just 6 hours.
2. MG ZS EV
The British MG brand offers a premium EV, which counts as one of the top electric cars in India. It is powered by a similar motor like that in the Tata Nexon EV.
This impressively designed SUV boasts several brilliant features, including a 448-litre boot space, diamond-cut machined alloy wheels and power-assisted electric steering. It can also produce an immense torque of 353 Nm.
- Battery Capacity – 44.5kWh
- Distance per Charge– 340km/full charge
- Recharge Time – Fast charging in 50 minutes. The normal charge takes 6-8 hours.
- Price – Starting from Rs.20.88 lakh.
3. Tata Tigor EV
Powered by a three-phase AC induction motor, this electric sedan comes in Egyptian Blue and Pearlescent White colour options. The 310-litre boot space is an additional facility that can be very handy while storing luggage.
You can expect max powers of 40bhp from this vehicle, along with peak torque of 105 Nm. Under ideal driving conditions, this car can reach speeds of 80kmph.
- Battery Capacity – 21.5kWh
- Distance per Charge – 142km/full charge
- Recharge Time – Fast charging in 90 minutes and normal charging in six hours.
- Price – Starting from Rs.9.54 lakh.
4. Hyundai Kona Electric
Equipped with the advanced Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM), the Kona Electric is considered one of the best electric vehicles in India. It has a fierce pickup reaching 100kmph in just under 10 seconds.
Along with its spectacular mileage, this car can produce immense torque at 395 Nm. Power-wise, the Kona Electric can generate around 134bhp under ideal conditions.
- Battery Capacity – 39.2kWh
- Distance per Charge – 452km/full charge
- Recharge Time – 57-minute fast charging and normal charging in six hours.
- Awards won – Winner of Electronic Vehicle of the Year Award at the 2019 Tech and Auto Awards. (4)
- Price – Starting from Rs.23.71 lakh.
5. Mahindra e2oPlus
A smaller body and a bevy of colour options are what define the e2oPlus from Mahindra. Although nowhere nearly as powerful as the electric SUVs in this list, it is perfect as a commute vehicle. Its 3-phase, AC Induction Motor is equipped with a lithium-ion battery, weighing 84 kg.
It can generate maximum torque and power of 70Nm and 25bhp, respectively.
- Battery Capacity – 10.08kWh
- Distance per Charge – 99.9km/full charge
- Recharge Time – 75 minutes with a fast charger and six hours with a standard charger.
- Price – Starting from Rs.7.57 lakh.